Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Big 6-0

         Yes, I finally made it to my 60th birthday...it sure beats the alternative (not making it to my 60th birthday).  With the new liver working properly, I have more energy than I know what to do with.  Irma does keep me pretty busy though, wives have a way to do that don't they?  I am enjoying my days off from Costco, going with her to Ellijay and Dalton while she is doing transports for kids going to the doctor, seeing their parents for supervised visits, etc.
         My 96 Nissan truck just went over 200,000 miles so we are both doing well, looking out for each other.  New tires from Costco with nitrogen in them, regular oil changes, a wash job every six months...you get the picture.  I bought it from a lady at Gulfstream Aerospace in Savannah when it had 43,000 miles so I have driven it for 157,000 over the last eleven years.  It runs good, idles at 900 rpm, and it's PAID FOR!  My life has been pretty good, now that I look back on it.
I hope to celebrate my 70th, 80th, 90th, and 100th.  Hey, Bob Hope and George Burns did it, so why not me?

No comments: